$1,000 to 1 recipient
To be awarded by Hillsborough County Democratic Black Caucus (HCDBC)
Application Deadline: July 10, 2021 11:59 pm EST
The HCDBC Education Scholarship application opens June 1 for the 2021-2022 academic year. Applications received by July 10th will be given first consideration.
How to Apply
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HCDBC Scholarship Award: Your First and Last Name” in the subject line.
- In your submission email, write a short paragraph or two about yourself and why you chose the essay topic, and the following information:
- Full name (and a parent or guardian name if you are under 18 years old), Date of birth, College or University you are attending or have been admitted, High School Name (if graduating senior), Your average GPA, Expected year of graduation, Your potential field of study, Phone number, Email address, Copy of your school ID (if available), or other proof of attendance/acceptance from a college or university in the United States
- Attach and submit your essay for one of the following topics:
- Describe a change you would like to make in the world. Tell us about how you would plan to make that change, and what obstacles you might encounter along the way.
- Explain something that made a big impact throughout your life.
- Benefits you’ve received from any community service experience
- Essay should be a maximum of 800 words (typewritten pages) PDF or Microsoft Word document attached to your submission email. The essay must be original text and not published anywhere. Only one essay should be submitted.
What to Expect After Applying
- Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com. If you do not receive this email, you have not completed the application process and will not be considered for applicable scholarships.
- When your application is submitted, the Scholarship Committee will then review individual applications in order to make selection decisions.
- You will receive an email from the Scholarship Committee ONLY if you are selected for a scholarship.
- Must be a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States and resident of Hillsborough County;
- At the date of the award, you must be enrolled (or accepted with plans to attend) a college or university in the United States;
- Must be a Graduating High School Senior or Current College Student
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S Permanent Resident (Green Card);
- The scholarship is open to any prospective college major
- This is not a needs-based scholarship;
- There is no application fee for this scholarship;
- One submission per applicant only: multiple submissions will be disregarded;
- HCDBC Board members or their immediate family members are not eligible to apply;
- The scholarship will be paid out once a year in US dollars;
- The winner will be solely responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes;